Re: I thought this was about gatherings

Rodeo Red (rodeored@netstep.net)
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 00:20:59 -0500

BJ wrote:
> >Rodeo Red
>
> Gee Red, you seem to be upset?

The thread followed me around in my head for a couple days and I felt
like people were beating around the bush. Maybe in a way, that's upset.
But hell that's GOOD as far as I'm concerned. There's nothing wrong with
having emotions, as long as they aren't expressed in an abusive manner.
I was blunt, but not abusive.

SNIP

> RED:….I also liked your point of someone starting a newsgroup "with" a main
> focus on our gatherings/family (though it would be nice if it too was
> unmoderated, but just had an understanding that that was it’s main purpose).

I guess Rob is right in saying it might devide up the energy too much.

But if the main problem is that its too hard for some folks to manage
all the threads and meassages, here's another idea- couldn't we start a
digest version ?

I get a few other groups and I used to unsubscribe to them when they
got to be too much, and then I discovered the wonderfull world of
digesting my newsgroups. Now I don't miss any of the posts, I just get
them all together in one message a day. For example, I get one group
that has about 30 messages a day, some of them pretty long and I read
them all together in one post. If I can't get around to it, its easy to
manage. I just keep that ONE post untill I can get to it. I don't have
to wade through each post along with the rest of my mail. And when I do
read them it is much easier to skim through than having to jump form
message to message by clicking on each one. If I'm really in a hurry I
just check out the first few lines of the digest- the topics and
original author of each message are all listed in the first sew lines so
I can tell at a glance what is in that days digest.

I subscribe to the digests two homeopathy groups, the digest version of
an immune system group, an undigested allergy treatment group, and
numerous environmental lists. The only list thats a pain in the ass is
the Rainbow group, and I subscribe and unsubscribe according to whether
I want to wade through it or not, but I wish I could get a digest
version for them times when I don't have time to sort my mailbox.

If AGR gets really busy, the digest version might end up as two posts a
day insted of one.

Rob wouldn't have to do anything other than set it up. The other lists
and the commands are all automatic. But if I know him, he'll come up
with some good reason why not. "we talked about this last

Rodeo Red

Back to the Top Level: