Re: Rewarding Workers at Gatherings

Dragonfly (dragnfly@nospam.iac.net)
Mon, 27 Oct 97 13:56:45 -0500

cwilson@sinosa.com (Charles Wilson) wrote:
>You're in a kitchen. You're standing in a long line. One of the kitchen says, "We need volunteers to take these five-gallon buckets down to the (distant) river, bring them back up, to be put on the fire for the kitchen."
>When the kitchen focalizer has finished working you, then my point is, that focalizer should be able to put you RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE LINE, instead of you, exhausted perhaps, getting back at the new end of the line.
>Do I hear a "HO!" on this?

Actually, I try very hard to make sure that food is set
aside for just such folks out working or serve the crew
first and at the least try to keep a crew 'snack box'
together for those that end up missing meals due to
working. Very often these folks are putting in
some hard physical labor and for that reason really do
need to make sure they get some nourishment in to
replace the energy burned.

.........now the reality is

It's not uncommon to see crew and workers end up without
anything
because someone else didn't take those steps to ensure
food is saved for them
however, it's often because the crew served the food out
til it
was all gone to someone who looked really hungry or
seemed to be in great need(young, old or ill)

Back to the Top Level: