Re: fs final report

Kirk Wattles (kwattles@mindspring.com)
Sat, 25 Oct 1997 12:24:57 +0000

susan <SBERNSTEIN@eac.cc.az.us> wrote:
> anything in htm or html is greek to me, or , as in this case, a
> bare page.

I wonder if the problem is the frames? Try going to

http://prop1.org/rainbow/adminrec/97orgrpt.htm

That's the first of the pages of actual content. If you download the
HTML-ified text, you can use "search and replace" in a regular word
processing program to pull out all the coding.

Also, about Sailor's problem downloading the pages, and having to cut &
paste... With Netscape (and maybe with I.E.), you can get the contents
of one part of a framed document to open up in its own window. Then you
can save the contents onto your own drive. Just hold the mouse button
down on the part you want, and a pulldown menu appears. Pick "New
Window with this Frame" and you get a page unto itself, without the
frames. Go to "Save As" from the "File" menu and save either as "Text"
or as "Source." Source means you can read it later through your web
browser, and it'll have the same formatting. Text is just the words,
with paragraph breaks, which is easier to print out from your computer.

All of that is a workaround for the framed version at the prop1 site. A
non-frame version is now up at my site, starting at:

http://www.mindspring.com/~kwattles/rainbow/oregon.html

I've written more, but I'll put it in another post. The point here is
that the report is a real watershed document, and it's worth the effort
of reading it and distributing it around. That's why I reformatted it,
so people can use it.

--
Kirk Wattles <kwattles@mindspring.com>
http://www.mindspring.com/~kwattles/