Re: fs final report

Rodeo Red (rodeored@netstep.net)
Sat, 25 Oct 1997 09:48:07 -0400

Howdy Sue-

There could be a simple solution.
Your software could be especially choosy about what it down loads- for
example if you get blank pages it could be that you have trouble with
corrupted last modified dates.

I found the following on the release notes for a VAX website. Im not
sure it applys, but if you tell me which software you are using I can
look at the release notes for that particular software. Does your VAX
service use VAX software or is it something else ? Look in the help of
your software (if it has one) for VERSION.

Documents with Corrupted Last Modified Date
This note only applies to versions of the ALL-IN-1
Web Interface on Windows NT on INTEL.
If a document in a folder contains a corrupted Last
Modified: date, web clients will not be able to list any of the
documents in the folder. A workaround for this is to use the File text
(FT) option to create a new version of the document and delete the
corrupted version. Note that you may need to update the Author: field on
the document to add the original author.

Rodeo Red

SBERNSTEIN@eac.cc.az.us wrote:

> howdy, rodeo red...
> i really appreciate your ideas....the only problem is i not only do
> not use netscape, i get no pictures at all...just words.....it's a vax
> account that gives email and allows me to telnet and get the web in words
> only....so anything in htm or html is greek to me, or , as in this case, a
> bare page. thanx for the ideas...maybe they will work for someone else.
> hugs and peace with love added for spice 8^D susan

Back to the Top Level: