Re: Forest Service Report -- on the web

Dragonfly (dragnfly@nospam.iac.net)
Fri, 24 Oct 97 20:08:48 -0400

kwattles@mindspring.com (Kirk Wattles) wrote:

>The Oregon Report is reformatted and available (no frames) at:

> http://www.mindspring.com/~kwattles/rainbow/oregon.html

and I LOVE YOU ALL for doing this.....I finally got to
the first nine pages of the report and my eyes will
barely focus.......don't know why I couldn't go any
further than that but at least I got to read as much as
my eyes would allow......

I'll continue later from your site Kirk and hopefully I'll
be able to finish reading the report.

Manymanymany thanks to ellen, thomas and you for making it
possible.

the report is remarkable and although i don't agree with
all of the their statements and findings, it was for the most
part remarkably accurate! surprised me;]

> http://www.mindspring.com/~kwattles/rainbow/oregon09.html

>And in my opinion, they saved the best for last, with Gary Burnett's
>five memoranda, from the 20th of June to the 6th of July! The guy is a
>water troll at heart, it just takes him a little while to realize it!

I know what you mean it was good reading and my favorite
part came on page 3 of the memorandum summary, from Gary.
For the most part the fs stance is to only enter the
gathering in pairs with a radio but Gary from the Oregon
Dept of Human Services--water division felt just the
opposite was needed:

"They do seem to be very cognizant of both public health
concerns, and environmental protection.
The situation is potentially volatile because of the
confrontational atmosphere, particularly with law
enforcement. But, Rainbow have been very friendly to US and
seem to appreciate our advise. We
are concerned about entering the site, even without Forest
Service escort. We would not be able to
accomplish anything with a law enforcement escort."

Seems he didn't want any fs escorts let alone leo's at
his side;)!

>Until then, in reports like this, we get to see "your tax >dollars at>work."

Enlightening isn't it!

Thanks again Kirk for helping out and thanks to Ellen and
Thomas for bringing it to our collective attention!!

one love
Dragonfly

Back to the Top Level: