Re: SHOULD WE DO OCALA?

dwolfe@invnet.com
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 11:24:08 -0600

In article
<199710231558.JAA29567.alt.gathering.rainbow@darkstar.cygnus.com>,
gathering@cygnus.com wrote:

> From: k42r
> Subject: Re: SHOULD WE DO OCALA?
>
> > X989: Who in the Florida family are you speaking for? I know a lot of
> > wonderful family in Florida who love the Feburary gathering. I also
> > participated in clean-up efforts at the last gathering and I'm a

what florida family???... in florida there are three or four circles (or
five or six or seven...) scattered about in as many bioregions, there are
also snowbird types, and OTR folks, but there is no thing so coherent as
a *florida family*... it's a long way from p'cola to the keys... as for
clean-up, which one of you left scottie here last year???...

> Several FL based focalizers came to the 1996 Focalizers council and asked
> everyone to discourage an Ocala gathering. Course I've also talked to other
> FL based focalizers that were tottally into it, so there seems to be a
> difference of opinion in the Florida family over this gathering.

i'd like to know *who?*.. it might've been me, but i don't think i ws at
the '96 focalizer council... i think i said that after '92, which wasn't
that when plunker got flown in by ABC news to get his picture taken at a
rainbow gathering and they insisted on taping the main circle on the
morning of the silence, or when high times offered to sell video of the
gathering as a hemp fest... some of our family is not so thoughtful...all
rolls in to one.. since '93 some folkal localizers have tried to
discourage an ocala gathering, but not the same ones every year.... every
time someotherbody, and with a florida base, has moved onto some land and
said "we council a gathering"... difference? '94 lower camp *rules*..

> > People from the Northeast and other cold places are going to go
> > south in Winter.

and people from florida go north in the summer... hmm, sounds like a
lifestyle..

> That's exactly the problem... It hasn't been a Florida regional since
> the first one...
>
> - rob -

well... which one was that? yer facks may not be strait... somebody fill
in my hipstory here, but what i heard about was a gathering on juniper
prairie where jb lead a group of caravaning protesters after an action at
the cape, maybe '86... a road like gathering at the so-called seven
sisters poss. '87, that kudzu dave was at,... a magical gathering at
juniper in '89 where sativa was born..., a very trippy and intergalactic
gathering in '90 at hopkins prairie, which was my first and reasonably
regional and the last manageably small gathering in ocala... anyway those
were all regionally focalized invitations to family... come to think of
it so were all the rest since... just a lot of y'all come... i do hear
that arizona is awful nice in the winter... -DB-