Re: Yin and Yang

starwatcher (pcfx@cyberramp.net)
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 10:02:26 -0500

BoomBdBoom wrote:

> As others here have pointed out, men and women are not so
> different.

big snip and i agree

> So what does this have to do with Rainbow? Everything. Most of
> the time I have found the National to be a very Yang thing.

so is mainstream culture - I go to gathering to get a chance to
put down the lance and peel off the body armor of Mainstream Maleness.

its where I can get my dose of yang - its where i rediscoover that
perfect child within me-

I can get involved in traditional yang energy-(supply, construction,
shitter digging,)
but even there its real different- maleness at gathering is kinder and
gentlier.

big snip about sanctuary- I agree

> So why don't we try to rebalance main circle? Might as well change the orbit
> of the moon, while we're at it. There are things that can be done to mellow
> things out more. But I don't want them more mellow! I like the explosion at
> the end of the silence. The more radical the better. Most of the time I
> don't need a breather. Most of the time a rain storm will give one to me.
>
> There are things we need to be concerned with. For instance, the brothers who
> like to literally drag sisters to the ground are a serious problem for the
> overall feel of a gathering. Even if they don't do physical harm, who wants
> to be treated that way? I love hugs, but have become really leery of those
> "hug patrols" Got frisked or felt up too may times I guess. And I wish the
> noisy boys at the drum jams would stop and listen some times.

haven't heard about throwing folks to the ground?

unwanted sexuality in a hug feels like a betrayal of trust, doesn't it?

have you noticed the sexual nature of a drum circle-
younger male drumers seem to come to climax of the beat faster and older
mixed groups
just hold it there and let it dance into lots of little climaxes.

> I've noticed there seems to be a difference in the way we treat gender based on
> age. There is a generation gap that can be as small as 10 years. American
> culture has gone through some pretty big gyrations lately. Things that women
> fought long and hard for 30 years ago are taken for granted by a woman in her
> early 20's. Things that were issues in the 60's seemed like dead horses to me
> when I hit that age. Now a whole new set of issues have come up. Really,
> that holding the door open business only seems to be a problem with other
> people and people in Utah. :-)
>
> Part of this I think has to do with the phases of life we all go to. Some of
> it is just my perspective. A lot of it really is just that the times they are
> a changing.

They ARE changing- look at 1967 and look at 1997-
Isn't it interesting how much stuff came true from '67 first
imagingings.
and how much we never thought of at all

Tim Leary died attended by people all over the world linked by a
computer net.

didja imagine that one in '67?

Clarity,
marc