Re: I thought this was about gatherings

Paul J. Lucas (go.away@no-junk-mail.org)
31 Oct 1997 08:10:52 -0800

In <971030214654_1935529067.alt.gathering.rainbow@emout11.mail.aol.com> X989@aol.com writes:

><< >say mr. computer silicon valley guy--do you know how to use the delete
>button
> >so you don't have to read the threads that don't interest
>you?--------------s
>
> What? Sarcasm from somebody who allegedly has "light and love"
> in their heart? Unthinkable!
>
> As these rainbow folk really as different as they claim? Or can
> they be sarcastic SOBs like everybody else?
> >>

>hey! are you implying that i'm a sarcastic son of a bitch because i can't
>figure out why you don't just not read the newsgroup topics that don't
>interest you?

No, I'm saying that you appear to be one because of phraseology
like, "mr. computer silicon valley guy" (which sounds like,
"Hey, pal" that often prefaces some sarcastic remark); and also
like, "do you know how to use the delete button?" which in
essence says, "Hey, moron, use your f*cking delete key!"

It's not *what* you said, but *how* you said it.

- Paul

Back to the Top Level: