Re: I thought this was about gatherings

dwolfe@invnet.com
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 18:02:41 -0600

In article <199710291809.KAA21622.alt.gathering.rainbow@wakko.efn.org>,
gathering@cygnus.com wrote:
[snip]

this group isn't [for me] *about* rainbow gathering... it *is* the cyber
gathering... welcome home... [((e-hugs))] all 'round...

> Paul J. Lucas wrote:
[snip]
> >Rodeo Red [wrote:]
>
> Gee Red, you seem to be upset?

[snip] bj definitely might benefit from checkinq some newsgroup posting
FAQ, or other netiquette lesson... this post is TOO long [sorry for
shouting] ;-}... and in many newdgroups one would be flamed to boue
balzes for not deleting the headers, much less the entire post one
responds to... this thread is partly *about* s2n in this group... i'm
sure it's not intentional, but one could show more respect... [snip]

> RED:….I also liked your point of someone starting a newsgroup "with" a main
> focus on our gatherings/family .

[snip] might be nice, but sounds redundant and [to me] dull... see
<welcomehome.org><prop1.org><geocities.com//rainforest/1137/rainbow//html
/> just to name my faves... is there really a
<generalprincipal.net>??<;}

> I believe rob recently said something about the original purpose was to have
> several newsgroup "branches" of alt.gathering rainbow so folks could go off
> and have several focuses going on at the same time including rainbows just
> talking to rainbows about whatever.

Ho! this is my prayer for this group... more circles/councils... love it!

> This seems to make more sense than trying to lump everything into one batch.
> Not that I would want to see it get "too" split up, but a couple different
> side branch’s would seem like a win-win situation and be beneficial to
> rainbow in general. I wish I knew more about computers to help. I hope Rob
> someday finds help/time to implement a side branch as was the original
> intention.

Ah ho!
[snip]
> Till the time this newsgroup does get other side threads going I guess we’ll
> just all have to share this same space, conflicting opinions and all …..
> Just remember "conflict" can be a good & healing thing also……
>
> Peace to you brother………. BJ

and to you
Mitakwe oyasin.
porkypine