Re: General Information on Missing Report

Rob Savoye (rob@cygnus.com)
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 10:02:20 -0600 (MDT)

From: Proposition One Committee
Subject: General Information on Missing Report

> Maybe there's a problem because we used frames. Do you have any problem
> getting anything off the welcomehome.org page ... it uses frames too.

I can copy it here it that'll help. Frames don't usually matter unless you're
on a braindead browser like AOL's.

> Repeated efforts to download the following file met with no success:
> http://prop1.org/rainbow/adminrec/97orgrp1.htm#LEA
> The download would bog down, then a message would appear:
> "Transfer Interrupted!"
> Is somebody blocking this document?

It's close to impossible to block a web site... This message is actually
telling you the net connection has broken. This can be due to one of the
machines between you and prop1, or a temporary problem on prop1's site.
With so many people on the Net these days, it's literally falling apart.

Chances are the problems folks are seeing are related to the Net "flapping".

> I think Problem 2 might be the "#LEA" on the end of the URL. I believe,
> but am not certain, that "#LEA" might be an HTM code, which shouldn't be
> included in an attempt to download the file.

"#LEA" say to load the specified URL, and then scroll down to the "LEA"
tag in the text.

- rob -

Back to the Top Level: