Re: Love, etc.

jholes@theonramp.net
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 19:26:33 -0500

>Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 16:42:08 -0500
>To: BQEffinger@aol.com, LYNNE.BOURCY@STATE.MN.US, lnorton@ucla.edu,
> "Ritchie. Chris" <cmritch@skypoint.com>,
> Big Bad Scoot Nelson <snelson@computerpro.com>,
> shayne schelinder <smschel@computerpro.com>,
> Tal Lindblad <talind@skypoint.com>,
> Dale the Man <drindahl@mndlh.ang.af.mil>,
> "will (CP) rhodes" <wrhodes@computerpro.com>, cmritchie@kbjr.com,
> Al the Big Loser <BumsX2@aol.com>, Rudy <rchmelik@d.umn.edu>
>From: Chris Hussey <chussey@kbjr.com>

I thought this deserved a laugh but you never know what
Voodoo lurks!! ~(:o

JH

>Hey All...
>
>Though I am not a believer in chain letters, whether paper or electronic,
>the bits and pieces in this one make a certain point...
>
>I certainly don't buy any of the cases presented at the end... Reminds me of
>those old "Scare you into believeing in God booklets from my childhood."
>
>Anyway...
>

>>Around the corner I have a friend,
>>In this great city that has no end,
>>Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
>>And before I know it, a year is gone.
>>And I never see my old friend's face,
>>For life is a swift and terrible race.
>>He knows I like him just as well
>>As in the days when I rang his bell.
>>And he rang mine.
>>We were younger then,
>>And now we are busy tired men.
>>Tired of playing a foolish game,
>>Tired of trying to make a name.
>>"Tomorrow", I say, "I will call on Jim"
>>"Just to show that I'm thinking of him."
>>But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes
>>And distance between us grows and grows.
>>Around the corner! - Yet miles away
>>"Here's a telegram sir"
>>"Jim died today."
>>And that's what we get and deserve in the end.
>>Around the corner, a vanished friend.
>>
>>Remember to always say what you mean. Reach out and tell someone what
>>he or she means to you. Because when you decide that it is the right
>>time, it might be too late. Seize the day. Never have regrets. And
>>most importantly, stay close to your friends and family, for they have
>>helped make you the person that you are today.
>>
>>Pass this along to your friends. It could make the difference. The
>>difference between doing all that you can or having regrets which may
>>stay with you forever. This is a love chain letter. Within 5 days you
>>must send it to 10 other people. On the 5th day, a person you like will
>>ask you out or tell you that they love you. If you do not send it you
>>will have problems in future relationships. It has been going since
>>1877
>>and hasn't stopped since.
>>
>>Warning* if you do not pass this on, something as bad as this story, or
>>WORSE, will happen to you:
>>
>> CASE1: Take Heather Dickson of Buford, MN. She was in love
>>with a man
>>named Dennis Samson. Dennis had professed his love for Heather, and
>>then
>>she received this letter. She thought chain letters were stupid and did
>>not pass it on. Two days later, Dennis was killed in a car accident
>>after having visited his other lover that Heather was not aware of.
>>
>> CASE2: Take Sarah Matthewson. She received this letter and
>>being the
>>believer that she is, she sent it on to a few of her friends but didn't
>>have enough e-mail addresses to send out the full 10 that you must.
>>Three days later, Sarah was at a masquerade ball when she was struck by
>>a falling disco ball and died.
>>
>>This is the letter: You must send this on!!!

> [...]
Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill.
Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Chase after money and security and your heart will never unclench.
Care about people's approval and you will be their prisoner.

Do your work, then step back.
The only path to serenity.

-Lao-tzu

Back to the Top Level: