Re: Grateful Dead Psychedelic Museum Proposed For S.F.

Rob Savoye (rob@cygnus.com)
Wed, 8 Oct 1997 14:20:15 -0600 (MDT)

From: janice@sonicnet.com
Subject: Grateful Dead Psychedelic Museum Proposed For S.F.

> Grateful Dead Psychedelic Museum Proposed For S.F., 10/08/97
>
> "Surviving members consider reuniting for grand opening on the eve of the
> turn of the century."

Sorry, this is a rumor. According to the Dead office, this is untrue.
Phil recently made a remark on Silberman's show about the new museum
for DeadHeads (see www.dead.net for details) that's going to be called
Terrapin Statation. There was recently a clarification of what Phil
said on the DeadHeads mailing list, but basically, don't get your hopes
up for a show. While Phil wants to do the show, he hadn't checked with anyone
else in the band. At this point not only are they still rasing money for
the museum, and they don't even have a site yet.

While I'm sure the chances of a "Dead reunion" concert make us old
DeadHeads start drooling... it sounds like the chances of it happening
are very slim. So for those that would like to assist in making this a
reality, I'd support the Terrapin Station project. After all, how many
bands build a museum for their fans ?

- rob -

Back to the Top Level: