Re: Psychedelic Religion

VeMan (veman@odb.com)
Mon, 06 Oct 1997 02:14:37 -0700

Madelyn Powell wrote:

> hey now!
> what is this stuff they call a close relative of psylosibyn (sp). Are
> they talking about woodrow, or morning glory, or (g. forbid) datura,
> or another nightshade? This sounds a bit odd to me, and I am
> concerned that they are mixing just enough good stuff (nutritional
> support for various diseases) to really draw folks in...
> what do they mean they have services at certain times, what, on line?
> first time I've heard of a cyber-space contact high, though now that
> I think about it, I've gotten lot's of fantastic vibes from glomming
> with you all on here... Has anyone checked these people out? Where
> are they? (geographically speaking)... some of their earlier stuff
> was so very wierd that I didn't even read it...
> love
> maddy clare

Hi Maddy

I think this is the same bunch who have started their own newsgroup at
alt.religion.psychedelic.moderated (not sure why the "moderated" was
necessary in the title, after all how many psychedelic religion
newgroups are there really?) Anyway, very few messages have been posted,
most of them discussions of what the newsgroup is actually be about. I'm
not sure what to think about a "temple" for a psychedelic religion-
sounds a little freaky to me, but then freaky's not always that bad. I
would certainly expect it to be pretty decked out for psychedelic
purposes though. Maybe even state of the art!!

Happy days!

VeMan
http://www.odb.com

Back to the Top Level: