Re: Lost Posts

Mark (Mark@ozcool.com)
Fri, 03 Oct 1997 04:28:43 -0500

Rob Savoye wrote:

> From: Butterfly Bill
> Subject: Re: Lost Posts
>
> > about this - your message doesn't just sit on Rob's computer ready to go
> > directly to yours. It goes on a convoluted path thru cyberspace that I
> > don't really understand. You can get a vague idea by printing a message,
> > then reading all those code words after "Path:". All the messages
>
> The email side of the list is the most complete. Anything emailed to
> gathering@conf.welcomhome.org (or gathering@cygnus.com) gets posted right
> away, and then a copy gets emailed to everyone on the list.
>
> Anything on the news side of the list, can get lost, delayed, or censored
> out. The email list is a direct connection between my machines and yours.
> But the news side of things depends completely on copying messages through
> a long convoluted path of machines to get from you or to you. Sometimes
> messages get lost, and never make it where they were going, especially for
> those using cheap ISPs. On my news server, I see that everything gets posted,
> but once the message goes out on the net, anything can happen.
>
> - rob -

Hi Rob and Butterfly Bill,

Hope you didn't think I was blaming you for the lost posts. I recently
moved and had to change ISP's and am most unhappy with them. Most of my
outgoing email is lost and many newsgroup posts don't make it to me.
I've set up another email account with rocketmail
(OzarkMark@rocketmail.com) to help solve the email problem. How can I
get on the a.g.r. mailing list? Thanks for your help! -Mark

Back to the Top Level: