Re: I thought this was about gatherings

BoomBdBoom (boombdboom@aol.com)
1 Nov 1997 05:03:23 GMT

In article
<3.0.32.19971031070322.006dad70.alt.gathering.rainbow@prop1.org>,
prop1@prop1.org (Peace through Reason) writes:

>A thought just occurred about this "debate" regarding what are rainbow
>topics. It might be helpful if people would respond only to the original
>poster of a new thread, rather than everything going to everybody.
>
>Is it possible to do this at the server? We're on another news group that
>replies to sender only automatically, and you have to make the conscious
>decision to write to the whole group, whereas here you have to make the
>conscious decision NOT to write to the whole group. A lot of people don't
>take the time to do that. The volume would go down considerably if we
>didn't have to read people chatting back and forth to each other.
>
>et in dc

Not so sure I'd like this. If we only sent to the original poster, I
wouldn't have had a chance to read this, let alone all the cool love notes.

On the other hand, I have tried to send private messages 4 times in the
last couple of months, and hand them end up on agr. Some sort of software
glitch. (Not counting the times I didn't fix the return address when it
came through the email side)

Montana Crystal

Http://members.aol.com/BoomBdBoom/drum.html for musical instruments

Back to the Top Level: