Re: Rewarding Workers at Gatherings

Heather Reese (reeseh@elwha.evergreen.edu)
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 12:33:27 -0800 (PST)

it has always been my experience (tho i may have an unfair advantage,
being a young cute womyn) that the best policy in such a situation - that
is having done the work for the kitchen- you should make your needs known
to the kitchen crew, pointing out you labor of love. almost always
they'll be glad to give ya a heapin, helping. just vocalize yourself, damnit!

On Sun, 26 Oct 1997, Charles Wilson wrote:

> You're in a kitchen. You're standing in a long line. One of the kitchen says, "We need volunteers to take these five-gallon buckets down to the (distant) river, bring them back up, to be put on the fire for the kitchen."
> When the kitchen focalizer has finished working you, then my point is, that focalizer should be able to put you RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE LINE, instead of you, exhausted perhaps, getting back at the new end of the line.
> Do I hear a "HO!" on this?

Back to the Top Level: