Re: diggin' out

Karl-Heinz Jackson (kaha@coinet.com)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 19:55:38 -0800

Rob Savoye wrote:

> Just as a note, my old 133Mhz Linux box beats my nice dual 200Mhz NT
> box in most benchmarking I've done. My Linux box is my main development
> machine. As a long-time GNUer, I prefer GPL'd software anyway...

The GPL is a mind-blowing principle indeed! You can sell it, but you
can't keep the person who buys it from giving it away. Cool...

> > Er... are we off-topic here? <gg>
>
> Totally. So here's some Rainbow content. Linux was created over the
> Net by a leaderless bunch of computer hackers of all ages and abilities.
> It's one of the better things that has come from a anarchistic community.
> It's shows folks what we can all do, when we do it together. Even to this
> day, there is nobody in charge (not even Linus). It's a great example
> of what anarchists can achieve when they cooperate.
>
> In many ways Rainbow is the same. It takes cooperation between indiviguals
> to have a good kitchen, or haul in supplies everyday. So much gets done, but
> we could do so much more! Much like how Linux was created and grew via the
> Net, we can use AGR to keep making every gathering better than the one before.
>
> - rob -

Big, warm huggzzz from lil ole me in central Oregon! :-)
You just put in a nutshell what I once tried to bring up, but got
chided for trying to argue for "who builds the better mousetrap",
when that's really not at all what it was about.
Thanks, Bro!

--
             .       .

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- "...we all know Linux is great: it does infinite loops in 5 seconds..." Linus Torvalds -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Back to the Top Level: