Re: need info!!

Dragonfly (dragnfly@nospam.iac.net)
28 Oct 1997 18:52:33 GMT

SnotShot@aol.com wrote:

>greetings and hello! My girlfriend and I are currently in California

howdy crystal and summer
welcomehome!

>seeking community with the rainbow tribe. We are free spirits, but have only

rainbows are actually living all over the world but
there is no one community of the rainbow tribe.
anyone with a bellybutton is rainbow.

>been to two national gatherings a few years back.

coming home to more gatherings is definitely the
way you will be in a rainbow community

>We searched the web

great place to start and i would recommend you spend
a bunch of time at http://www.welcomehome.org/rainbow
there you can really get a bunch of neat info about
rainbow and it's hipstory, legal issues and events.
also be sure to check out the page with the lightlines
listed. they are phonenumbers with recorded message
about rainbow events, in different parts of the country.

actually by looking over the calendar of events you can
get a feel for when the regional gatherings and potlucks
happen. from there you will find links to other rainbows
websites and pay them a visit.

this will help to familiarize yourself more about the family
since you've only been to a couple of gatherings......lots of
great stuff to take in there:)

>wondering if there were ongoing regional gatherings

there are no "ongoing" regionals in one place, for a
number of reasons. one of many reasons would be
the potential negative impact on the land. another
is that since rainbow gatherings are free and open
to everyone, they are on public land. public land
usually has a time limitation for camping and well
established restrictions on homesteading.

the one thing rainbow gatherers all have in common
is we are exercising our right to freely assemble.
that -is- our one common denominator.

whether students, farmers, environmentalist, pilots,
hunters, doctors, lawyers, bakers, computer whiz kidz,
artist, mucisians, budhist, jews, catholics, pagans or
hindu the one thing we have in common is exercising
our right to gather.

some of us live in communes, planned communities, apartments,
hotels, houses, barns, tepees, tents, boats or buses.
you can find us in just about any setting, some more
than others but there is no -one- particular community.

>and/or travellors,

that's definitely a possibility, since many are road
family and a variety of them could be anywhere right
now.

>could not find evidence of this!:)

you don't see much up on this topic because not many
road travelars have computer access while on the road.

>an attempt to get this information, it would be wonderful to hear from you>soon before we have to move on.

ok i only know of one gathering that is planned at present
and that is the mississippi gathering,the first two weeks
of january.

however, since you are currently in california, have only
been to a couple of nat'ls and want to strike out on the
rainbow trail from one gathering to another i
*strongly* suggest you go to the california council this
weekend. you can get the info by calling:

SCROLL Hotline (619)226-5797 (Southern California)

you are more than welcome but need to be aware that this
is not a gathering but a council to talk about having a
gathering in that region. you should go prepared to take
care of yourself and plug in with other folks.

what in my mind is a very essential/important part of
rainbow and that is circling, counciling and coming to
a consensus.......

there you will see how it all begins at the start of the
trail, learn about how decisions are even made in rainbow
and possibly hook up with other travelors.

*most important is seeing it from the beginning*
and you can be a part of it all.

if you really want to go for "the ride" as it's called in
rainbow (start-end) and hit the "rainbow trail"
then this is the way it starts;)

someone might even have an extra rainbow guide
(rainbow address book) that many folks find helpful in
their travels. there you'll meet experienced gatherers,
who definitely know what it's all about.

after that is the thanksgiving council in arizona, where
the planning begins for the 1998 annual(nat'l) gathering
to be held in arizona. there you can participate in
making it all happen! so why not start at the beginning:)

after that you can head on out to the mississippi and
you'll be on the trail by then and will probably have
more than one option from there.

if you are wanting to find rainbow community then that
is the place to begin.

>We want to be constantly camping and
>travelling, rather than staying in one certain community.

personally i don't think there is a better launch point
than the councils and if i were on the trail this year
that's where i would start.......hmmmmmm actually if i'm
lucky that *is* where i'll start!!! if not i'll have to
wait for seed camp next year:(

either way hope to see you on down the trail and may you
be blessed with many happy trails:)

a couple of words of caution: Beware of anybody calling
themselves a leader! there are No leaders in rainbow.....
that can be extended to include anyone talking as if they
know it all or have invented it..........because rainbow
is a living theater in motion, a painting beautiful but
not finished and
it took many colors to invent it--not just one!

peace, love and light seasoned with a big hugggggg
Dragonfly

Back to the Top Level: