RE: stp days revisited

North Valley Net (tonasket@televar.com)
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 10:11:51 -0800 (PST)

Good to hear from old family ,Good Woman...I was starting to wonder.

My favorite memory of DD was at the three kings(boulder 1970-71)
STP John was dancing on the table in his longjohns
and DD along with the rest of us sat there and laughed
so hard it hurt. He was a first rate bro.

.........LOVE Ed-I
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
At 09:08 AM 10/28/97 PST, you wrote:

>>here is an article some of you might recognize
>
>> PEACE
><!--plsfield:description-->
>
>>NEDERLAND, Colo. (AP) -- In 1971, Guy Goughnor was a 19-year-old
>>longhair who went by the name Deputy Dawg. He and his hippie
>>friends used to drink into the night, urinate in the streets, steal
>>laundry from clotheslines and otherwise show their disrespect for
>>authority.
><P>
>>The last time anyone saw Goughnor alive was the night a
>>bulldog-like lawman by the name of Renner Forbes pulled him out of
>>a bar and threw him into the back of his patrol car.
><P>
>>Last month, Forbes, now 68 and living in a nursing home,
>>confessed to killing Deputy Dawg, authorities say.
><P>
><snip>
><P>
>>Lured by the picturesque Colorado mountain peaks, drifters gave
>>Forbes plenty of work as they turned Nederland into their own
>>personal summer camp.
><P>
>>``We were overloaded with hippies,'' said Stephanie Lawrence,
>>who moved to Nederland in 1940. ``There were bad ones and some of
>>the good ones -- the flower kids.''
><P>
>>Goughnor, who hitchhiked here from his family's lakefront home
>>in a Minneapolis suburb and adopted the name of a cartoon
>>character, ran with the more reckless crowd that used deerskin
>>hides to cover their teepees in the woods outside of town.
><P>
>>Their mischief ranged from indecent exposure and theft to public
>>urination and stealing the water hoses from the fire department.
>>One police report described Goughnor as ``a huge pain.''
><P>
>>On July 21, 1971, Forbes pulled Goughnor from the Pioneer Inn
>>tavern, threw him in his patrol car and drove him to a remote area
>>of adjacent Clear Creek County, where he shot the young man once in
>>the head, authorities said.
><P>
>>Hunters found Goughnor's body a month later in a mountain canyon
>>where Forbes used to hunt elk. It had been dragged off a steep,
>>dirt road marked on maps as Oh My God Road.
><P>
><snip>
>>Forbes referred all questions to his lawyer, Bob Peppin, who
>>would not comment on the confession. He is scheduled to be formally
>>charged in December with second-degree murder, which carries up to
>>48 years in prison.
><P>
>>
>>``We still have the hippies and the dreadlocks,'' said Diana
>>Giglietti, who works in the office, ``but we don't take them out
>>and shoot them.''
><P>
>
>> ALL THE BEST FROM THE FOLKS AT NORTH VALLEY NET
>
>> northvalleynet@yahoo.com
>> tonasket@televar.com
> [...]

Back to the Top Level: