Re: Rewarding Workers at Gatherings

Karin Zirk (kzirk@earthlink.net)
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 13:32:43 -0800

While Dragonfly's method of operation is great it doesn't address the
fact that not everybody who is working is part of a group of people that
has food available.

So what happens in Rainbow is that it's not what you do, but who you
know that gets you fed.

Loving all of ya,

Karin

Dragonfly wrote:

> cwilson@sinosa.com (Charles Wilson) wrote:
> >You're in a kitchen. You're standing in a long line. One of the kitchen says, "We need volunteers to take these five-gallon buckets down
to the (distant) r
> >When the kitchen focalizer has finished working you, then my point is, that focalizer should be able to put you RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE LINE,
instead of you, ex
> >Do I hear a "HO!" on this?
>
> Actually, I try very hard to make sure that food is set
> aside for just such folks out working or serve the crew
> first and at the least try to keep a crew 'snack box'
> together for those that end up missing meals due to
> working. Very often these folks are putting in
> some hard physical labor and for that reason really do
> need to make sure they get some nourishment in to
> replace the energy burned.
>
> .........now the reality is
>
> It's not uncommon to see crew and workers end up without
> anything
> because someone else didn't take those steps to ensure
> food is saved for them
> however, it's often because the crew served the food out
> til it
> was all gone to someone who looked really hungry or
> seemed to be in great need(young, old or ill)

Back to the Top Level: