CASSINI Update - Correct URL for STOP CASSINI WEBSITE / more

Robert Cherwink (rc@vom.com)
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 12:49:12 -0700

>Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 12:20:01 -0700 (PDT)
>To: FBOYLE@LAW.UIUC.EDU
>From: jrussow@coastnet.com (Joan Russow)
>Subject: CASSINI LAUNCH SCHEDULED FOR 3.43 AM WEDNESDAY
>
>It was confirmed over the wire that Cassini will be launched at 3.43 am
>Wednesday.
>
>Joan

We only have a few hours, and are still working on finding a country to go
to the International Court of Justice to file against Cassini.

--------------------
CORRECTION
--------------------

In item #4 of yesterday's "CASSINI ** NEWS **" and in my "Cassini - A
message from Russell Hoffman, and my thoughts on computer glitches" the URL
for Russell Hoffman's STOP CASSINI WEBSITE had an extra character somehow.

I sent out one note on this already, but I'm still getting a few emails
about it - sorry for the error, and thanks to AK for pointing out the
problem.

Here is the correct address for the STOP CASSINI Web Site:

http://www.animatedsoftware.com/cassini/index.htm

--------------------
MORE
--------------------

I have been asked to also promote the Florida Coalition for Peace and
Justice anti-Cassini website at:

http://www.afn.org/~fcpj/

>Please give publicity to the Florida Coalition Web site:
>http://www.afn.org/~fcpj/ It too is excellent.

Their email is <fcpj@afn.org>

--------------------

Also: there's an excellent article on Shift Online which I was just told about:

http://www.shift.com/shiftonline/html/5.4_cassini_1.html

>Hi Rob,
>
>I'm writing on behalf of John Turner, the editor of Shift Online and
>author of the latest investigative story on Cassini.
>
>Please check out the story. It's at
>http://www.shift.com/shiftonline/html/5.4_cassini_1.html
>
>I am writing to request that you add a link to our unique story to your
>list of related links on your hompage to Stop Cassini.
>
>Thanks and let me know what you think!
>
>Shawna Steinberg
>shawna@shift.com
>Shift Online

--------------------

Just in case anyone needs these refs:

see Russell Hoffman's STOP CASSINI WEBSITE for loads of info, including Dr.
Kaku's "Scientific Analysis"

http://www.animatedsoftware.com/cassini/index.htm

and
http://www.animatedsoftware.com/cassini/cassini.htm

See especially: "Why is Cassini dangerous?"

Cassini Cancers: The Plutonium Story.
By Dr. Horst Poehler. Dr. Poehler worked for NASA contractors as a
senior scientist for over 30 years.
Accident Risks for the Cassini Mission.
By Dr. Michio Kaku, Henry Semat Professor of Theoretical Physics at
City University of New York. (Includes brief bio of
Dr. Kaku.)
Dr. Sternglass and Me:
An interview conducted April 8th, 1997 by Russell D. Hoffman.
Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for the Cassini Mission
This is a 36-point commentary on a NASA document known as a DSEIS.
It describes in detail the many ways NASA has
reduced the apparent risk, without reducing the actual risk at all!
NASA's rebutted these comments in the June 1997 FSEIS,
then we submitted a rebuttal to NASA's rebuttal.

Peace! Rob, Sector Air Raid Warden at
Rob's Place
A SITE DEDICATED TO
SPIRIT, TRUTH, PEACE, JUSTICE, AND FREEDOM
http://www.vom.com/rc/home.htm

WHEN SPIDERS UNITE, THEY CAN TIE DOWN A LION --Ethiopian Proverb

Back to the Top Level: