Re: Mull of Kintyre

nickey davies (ndaviesa@cix.co.uk)
14 Oct 1997 18:28:06 GMT

David Roberts wrote:

> I wonder if the denizens of the group could sort out an argument between
> myself and a colleague. He insists that Paul McCartney wrote the song
> "Mull of Kintyre" about his "John Thomas".
> He says that the BBC used to use an image of the Scottish peninsula as
> the scale by which to decide whether certain objects were in a suitably
> deflated condition for broadcast on British television. The Mull of
> Kintyre apparently displays an acceptable angle of dangle.

I had heard this, although it always smacked of urban legend to me.

> My colleague also insists that mullock is a slang term used for the
> male member in parts of Liverpool.

Your coworker is mistaken - the 'mullock' is a hairstyle, sported by Sir
McCartney for some years, but recently dispensed with. Same sort of thing
though.

> Personally I find it all rather unlikely and a little too close to
> the story (known to be true) about Neil Simon's "The Boxer".

I always thought there was something a bit Odd about that Couple.

(btw welcome to rmb - no ads, no binaries, topicality req., the usual)

--
Nickey
crisp and full of sun

Back to the Top Level: