Re: Double Rainbows, anyone? Adobes?

Carla Newbre (c_newbre@efn.org)
Sun, 12 Oct 1997 18:20:10 -0700 (PDT)

On 12 Oct 1997, BoomBdBoom wrote:

> It's the circle rainbows around the sun that I love. Only ever see them
> at gatherings.

My favorites are the atypical rainbows which manifest in uncharacteristic
ways. Like the "smiling rainbow" we had at our first Oregon regional. It
was a partial circular rainbow that appeared to arch upward rather than
downward.

This year on Indian Prairie, there was one mid-day rainbow in a blue sky
studded with clouds in such a way that one specific white fluffy cloud
became rainbow colored. This was a first for me.

I've seen lots of doubles, but never did before my first gathering. I'm
still waiting to see a triple.

The timing of the appearance of a rainbow always knocks my socks off. For
me, they often pop up when I'm going through a heavy time - as if a
blessing to remind me that everything is going to be okay - or at very
spiritual moments. And, of course at significant times during
gatherings. Sometimes, though, they are simply whimsical. A couple of
years ago, Sparrow and I were coloring fliers for our local picnic. The
flier had a double Rainbow on it. My roommate came home, said, "hey,
check out the Rainbow, and sure enough, we looked up from what we were
doing, and there was a double Rainbow outside.

How do they do that, anyway?

Love, Light, and Rainbows,
Carla

Back to the Top Level: