Re: MEDICINE THREAD

Carla Newbre (c_newbre@efn.org)
Sun, 5 Oct 1997 14:51:08 -0700 (PDT)

Heh, heh, Carla is gone for a bit. I, Snarla, have this to say about the
bigots who maintain that AMA medicine kills and that the worst thing you
could ever do to yourself is go to a regular doctor.

I know a brother who lost a testicle because some herbalists felt he
should drink tea for his groin pain.

I know of more than one sister who would have died if they had not had a
hyterectomy.

People who need insulin to control their diabetes would slowy go blind,
have their kidneys shut down, lose their limbs if they did not use
allopathic medicine.

It is not M.D.s who kill, it is ignorance and bigotry. People still have
choices, Mark, and rather than spreading hysteria and mistrust, why not
focus on the positive aspects of both disciplines?

People need to educate themselves on when any particular type of healing
is appropriate, not just throw the baby out with the bath water.

Case in point: years ago, I was told by a so-called practitioner from
CALM that I could keep my teeth and gums in good shape by eating raw
foods. So I tried that, didn't go to the dentist, ate mostly veggie.
Today I am battling gum disease, have lost one tooth to it, and am
fighting to keep the others. Seems to me, his info was incorrect and
dangerous. Brush and floss your teeth, see the dentist. Keep your teeth.

I still use alternative medicine for lots of things. But I have learned
that putting off seeing a doctor just makes a lot of things worse.

Above all, folks, please do not diagose and treat yourselves, unless you
really know what you have and know what you are doing. Herbal medicine
can kill, too. Hippies have gone through so many nutritional and healing
fads: macrobiotics (babies and kids died in the early days, before the
proponents of the system realized that macrobiotic means more than
eating beans and nothing else); the sprout craze
(don't give your baby breast milk, just feed him wheat grass juice); daily
ingestion of things such as comfrey, pennyroyal, etc., which can be toxic
in large amounts.

Now the next generation is taking as gospel really bad advice given by
people like Victorus Kulvinskas, Jethro Kloss, and others.

Please, please, educate yourselves before making serious explorations into
alternative medicince or nutrition. Do not use just one source to base
your explorations on. What one book written twenty years ago will
advocate may be completely contradicted by another one done more recently.

Pregnant and nursing mothers should be especially careful, as should be
people with weakened immune systems, auto-immune diseases, and mystery
illnesses.

As far as I am concerned, there is nothing worse than a politically
correct bigot. And you know what, you never see it more obviously than
you do in regard to issues around healing. An ethical practictioner will
NEVER say their methods are the only good or right ones. And an ethical
practitioner will never be threatened by you going to someone else to get
a second opinion, even if that practitioner is of a totally different
discipline.

Growl,
Snarla

On Sun, 5 Oct 1997, Maryann Miller wrote:

> > My primary had me rx'ed on Augmentin 500 mg. (antibiotic) then referred
> > me after 3 days to the MD. otolaryangologist E)ar N)ose T)hroat.
> > Who rx'ed me Meclizine (anti-vert).
> >
> > This med masks dizziness about 60%. I have been using several of the
> > other suggested remedies too. I'll compile the alt. therapies later and
>
> Glenn, I hope you will not take offence at what follows. I'm not sure
> this is the proper place for me to say things like this, but I offer
> this in the sincere hope that it will in some way help. It will be
> probably be concidered blunt, but here goes.
>
> I think that it fairly well established, if you are open to the
> evidence, that, in a nutshell, doctors kill. Most are completely
> ignorant of what it takes to become well. The lifespan of an M.D. is 58
> years. "Physician heal thyself". I recently did a iridology analysis on
> a guy who's body was desparately trying to dispell some toxic
> accumulations that were budening his system, thru several episodes of
> sore throats/tonsilitis. Each time this happened his doctor suppressed
> this action thru the use of antibiotics. This happened five times. The
> last time he had a reaction to the antibiotics and his kidneys failed.
> He spent several years on dialysis, and recently underwent a transplant.
> He is in the process of fighting organ rejection. This is called
> Iatrogenic disease. "Illness due to the treatment of other illness".
>
> There are many examples these days of MD's who are practicing the "new
> medicine". These people are sythesising the best of conventional and
> holistic medicine. But it is like art, there are many artists, but if
> your having the portrait of a lifetime, you really want a good one. I
> implore anyone out there who is having serious difficulties with their
> health, to do the research to locate themselves a serious medical
> artist. They are simply functioning from a higher place. you owe it to
> yourself.Even if you have to travel to see them. Do not just sacrifice
> yourself at the altar of the medical mafia.
>
> Some resourses if you wish, are... the alternative yellow pages
> http//:www.alternativemedicine.com
>
> These are the tel #'s of physicians that deserve respect, they will
> propably be able to reffer you to someone closer to you.
>
> Bruce Shelton
> 6029781722
> American metaboloc institute
> 18003881083
> Jonathon Wright/ tahoma clinic in tacoma Wa.
> look it up.
>
> Shalom
> Mark...

Back to the Top Level: