Re: Dallas Gathering private??????

\ (llyr@azstarnet.com)
Thu, 02 Oct 1997 22:45:40 -0600

Madelyn Powell wrote:

> hey now!
>
> well, here we go again. A regional family has a right to do anything
> it wants.

Where, then, does one apply for membership to that regional family- and
to which authority does one appeal, if some declare the bellybutton
doesn't come with attached credentials? If we don't sign anything- how
can we be banned for lack of adoption papers?

> anarchy is for everyone. There is no national authority
> that has the right to impose on, or land on, or blockade anyone's
> council, if they've been uninvited.

And who is it that is in charge, and able to uninvite?????

> Some of the more agressive Region
> 16 attempted to do that two weeks prior
> to a Katuah Thanksgiving council I hosted on private land, and I
> would not allow it.

Then you must be in charge?? Does that mean that You will now sign the
permits??

> However, attendance at the council was open,
> during the dates of the council. (as long as there was no alchohol!)

Did a full consensus declare that- including those you have deemed below
your high standards- those "A-campers" for instance?

> It could be that these folks are trying to avoid the landing upon
> their decision making process of known consensus blockers, drinkers,
> arguers, whatever... drainbows, as it were.

Those less than tip-top quality family members... as if we all
weren't.??

> They have a right to choose.

Who- Which authority?

> And no-one has a right to say anything is or is not rainbow.

And George Bush and Jr. could call a Texas Rainbow Gathering? Allowing
only say... contributors to the Repub. Natl. Party to their private
little black-tie-RFOLL gathering? Wow! Really!? That's the sort of
thing that would make me turn in my card- if we were card carrying.

> It cuts both ways, folks, if we don't want an organization, and we
> say that everyone is rainbow, then hey, everyone who so chooses can
> have any kind of gathering they want, and call it whatever they want.

Oh Please! And we can also say exclusive inclusion don't cut the cole
slaw.

> Loving ya'll,

Lovin' ya back bunches!

> and our Freedom, and lack of Authority!

Ho!

> maddy clare

Please don't throw me out of the family,
even if you want to exclude me from your private party! I'd promise to
be good, but you would probably realize I have my fingers crossed.

"bob"

> > i was told this by happydrum@aol.com:
> > "Handy......theDallas Family chooses to keep the site secret for
> now, as this
> > IS NOT a Regional, and NOT OPEN to the entire Rainbow Family. It
> is by invite
> > only. The site is on private land.">Subject: Re: Dallas Gathering
> > private??????
> > >From: X989@aol.com
> > >Date: Wed, Oct 1, 1997 10:40 EDT
> > >
> > >In a message dated 97-10-01 04:06:08 EDT, you write:
> > >
> > ><< hey now family, i'm new to the family and i was just told that
> an upcoming
> > > Dallas Family Gathering is not open to the whole Family, that
> it's not a
> > > regional Gathering. This doesn't sound like the Rainbow Family i
> have been
> > > reading about. is this a normal practice for Gatherings held on
> private
> > >land?
> > > Please E-mail any comments, your humble opinion is requested.
> > > thanks,
> > > peace and long life,
> > > HandyDanD@aol.com >>
> > >
> > >was told by whom?--if you are going to create a situation please be
> more
> > >specific
> > >
> > >gatherings are generally not held on private land--if and when they
> are, it
> > >would seem it is the option of the land owner to do as they please,
> however
> > >when folks are excluded for other than behavior/respect movies, in
> my opinion
> > >it is no longer a rainbow gathering but rather a private
> > >campout/party-----------s

Back to the Top Level: