Re: Rainbow totally Non-violent?

\ (llyr@azstarnet.com)
Thu, 02 Oct 1997 21:44:45 -0600

Hi folks,

Some body wrote stuff (sorry- this is a bit too silly to go chasing
and retracing threads over--- yeah yeah yeah, so flame me- but be
gentle- Lets go for the George Hamilton tan tone):

> << JC, have you explored native "American" history fully?

Major case of taking ourselves too seriously here!!

I've been a historian for decades, and have taught history enough to
guarantee that the more you study history- the more perspectives --i.e.
points of view, you will get.

Here is an example of what I'm saying here;

What_Did_You_Do_Yesterday?

Okay, now the truth- not just your truth about what you did yesterday,
but someone else's too- could be from the point of view of a friend, or
a family member, or employer, or cop, or your kid, or your dog.

Pick a perspective, and its different from yours- and may even be true.
Call it a Full_Study_ Of _The_history_Of_Your_Yesterday; told by folks
who were there and would know.

Is there any agreement on the truth held by several, about something all
ya'll concerned know? No no no! (proclaims my pedantic self.)

Okay, now lets have a Full Study of the history of anything that
happened from a time when the witnesses to the times and facts Are Dead!

And lets go for the truth. -----Anybody seeing the holes in this net? I
knew you would! (Gods help me before I get carried away and start
taking this teaching jazz seriously- O-kay- no real chance of that! <g>)

> From what I gather from this post, you have not. Well, my friend,
> most "NAs"

Are you referring to those members of Narcotics Anonymous? I guess not.

> were not violent unless they felt threatened >>

Perhaps you were referring to non-functioning androids. Okay- of course
I know what you meant, but your point is as racist as it was when Jean
Jacques Rousseau -one of the most eloquent writers of the Age of
Enlightenment - (ever to place his head deep in his anal orifice)
referred to Native Americans as the Noble Savage- thereby seperating
those of whom he wrote from "real people". Even with good intent- like
"boy, them Darkies sure have rhythm"; good intent that leads to racism
still stinks bad.

Folks are and have always been folks. And sometimes they do better than
other times. And "NA"s (assuming you mean to include all those from the
far northern lands of Canada- or the Aztecs, Mayans, Zapotecs, Olmecs
etc. of mezo-america- or Hawaiians, or the indigenous folks of Guam, or
the NA's of Tierra del Fuego, et al) are folks. WE- Folks- have
generally done what seemed to us to be a good idea at the time- and
generally- somebody else thought our action was/ is
unjustified/unjustifiable.

We all feel threatened all the time (almost). Its in our blood- and in
our race- the human race! Just check out the thread on our love life
and you'll need go no further to see my point.So yeah, NAs were/are only
violent when they think its a good idea. So is everyone else---- ain't
nobody here but us belly-buttons.

Sailor wrote with customary wisdom:

> isn't this the rational the is used to justify all wars?

<snip>

> -i guess they felt

Right arm right arm! and very strong HO!
So lets all try to be sweet- and realize that we may not always appear
so- but the attempt is a step toward not appearing threatening.

Lovin' ya'll!

"bob"

Back to the Top Level: