(no subject)

Dragonfly (dragnfly@nospam.iac.net)
1 Oct 1997 18:10:33 GMT

"Joe Clarke" <joeclark@sprynet.com> wrote:
>Does this Native American group totally disavow all violence as opposed to
>the true
>native Americans that were very vicious, hostile, and pardon the term -
>savage -
>towards others of their own kind as well as the white man?
>
>Sincerely, JC

What's the matter JC?
Sounds like an attempt to start an argument, more than an
honest fact finding effort? However, I'll answer as if
you are indeed a person seeking some truth.

1-this isn't a "Native American group" in fact it's not
anything
other than a bunch of folks talking together who's most common
denominator is a belly-button.
So unless you want to include
all of human kind into the term 'group', you are way off base.

2-as an individual i personally dislike violence and would
like to see a world without it.
as an individual i am dedicated to finding solutions without
resulting to violence. i can only speak for myself though and
in no way should you assume that i speak for any 'group'.

3-as far as native americans being violent in the past, i
don't
see what that has to do with a world at peace today. unless,
of course a person is looking for a reason to openly spread
hate, intolerance and violence.

4-none of us walks on water in this world. we've all done
things
that we regret or that was possibly harmful to other's. the
same can be said about cultures and races. very few are with
out any history of violence. the time has come for people all
over the world to embrace peace, as a mutually beneficial way
of life over violence.

5-peace can be happen but only through cooperation and
tolerance of each other's differences. the end result of
violence is pain and suffering. the end result of peace is a
world of healing and harmonious coexistence on this planet.

make love not war;)

and remember "you are the light.......it's flame you seek"

lotzaluvnhugzzzzz

Dragonfly

Back to the Top Level: