Re: Dallas Gathering private??????

Madelyn Powell (POWELLM@gacsrv.gactr.uga.edu)
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 15:18:19 EST5EDT

hey now!

well, here we go again. A regional family has a right to do anything
it wants. anarchy is for everyone. There is no national authority
that has the right to impose on, or land on, or blockade anyone's
council, if they've been uninvited. Some of the more agressive Region
16 attempted to do that two weeks prior
to a Katuah Thanksgiving council I hosted on private land, and I
would not allow it. However, attendance at the council was open,
during the dates of the council. (as long as there was no alchohol!)
It could be that these folks are trying to avoid the landing upon
their decision making process of known consensus blockers, drinkers,
arguers, whatever... drainbows, as it were. They have a right to
choose. And no-one has a right to say anything is or is not rainbow.
It cuts both ways, folks, if we don't want an organization, and we
say that everyone is rainbow, then hey, everyone who so chooses can
have any kind of gathering they want, and call it whatever they want.
Loving ya'll,
and our Freedom, and lack of Authority!
maddy clare
> i was told this by happydrum@aol.com:
> "Handy......theDallas Family chooses to keep the site secret for now, as this
> IS NOT a Regional, and NOT OPEN to the entire Rainbow Family. It is by invite
> only. The site is on private land.">Subject: Re: Dallas Gathering
> private??????
> >From: X989@aol.com
> >Date: Wed, Oct 1, 1997 10:40 EDT
> >
> >In a message dated 97-10-01 04:06:08 EDT, you write:
> >
> ><< hey now family, i'm new to the family and i was just told that an upcoming
> > Dallas Family Gathering is not open to the whole Family, that it's not a
> > regional Gathering. This doesn't sound like the Rainbow Family i have been
> > reading about. is this a normal practice for Gatherings held on private
> >land?
> > Please E-mail any comments, your humble opinion is requested.
> > thanks,
> > peace and long life,
> > HandyDanD@aol.com >>
> >
> >was told by whom?--if you are going to create a situation please be more
> >specific
> >
> >gatherings are generally not held on private land--if and when they are, it
> >would seem it is the option of the land owner to do as they please, however
> >when folks are excluded for other than behavior/respect movies, in my opinion
> >it is no longer a rainbow gathering but rather a private
> >campout/party-----------s

Back to the Top Level: